Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Weekend of Colors and Football!

 I've been a very bad blogger and have been neglecting this corner of the Internet lately. So today I will update you on the past two weekends which both pretty amazeballs.

Two weekends ago was beyond great or as Barney Stinson would say "Legend... wait for it....DARY!" And that's certainly what that weekend was.

On Friday my sister and I drove down to Queens and had and early night because the next morning we were up early for...wait for it....


THE COLOR RUN!


We all had a blast running it. What a great experience.  My goal was to run the whole thing without stopping and I did! I even came in first out of my family.

Before the color

After the color!
I highly highly highly recommend this run to anyone and everyone! Even if you don't run, walk it! So many people walked the race or would switch between running and walking. This run is definitely for people of all ages and athletic abilities.


The next day we were energized and pumped for the Jets season opener! To give you some background I am third generation Jets fan and my inheritance will be our family season tickets. My family has spent Thanksgiving at the Jet's game twice in the past three years. If you are familiar with the Jets you will now how unfortunate this is.

Despite the usually pitiful Jets they somehow but the grace of God (literally) managed to beat the Buccaneers in the last few seconds. I won't go into details but I'll just say that this was probably the most exciting game I've ever been too and there's one Buccaneer in a lot of trouble right now.

This past weekend my friends and I hiked Mount Beacon which is right across the Hudson River from my school. It was such a beautiful day to be spending outside and the views from the top were unreal! We got sandwiches from a local deli and had a picnic once we reached to top of the mountain.
Oh, hey NYC skyline!

Found a walking stick!




How pretty is that view?

No comments :

Post a Comment